Where should the flugel sit?

Graham Young (905) 575-8440
Weston Silver Band, Symphony Hamilton
Celebration Brass, McMaster Chamber Orchestra
gyoung@xxxxxxxx

> Flugel players are a special breed of people (bit like the sop player) as
> we are the only two players in the band who don't have someone else
> playing the same instrument sat next to us.  So instead of giving them a
> hard time - congratulate them for doing a great job (IMHO anyhow!!)

> Heidi Worth
We also can not really stop and let the person next to
us cover the part either.
There are a lot of pieces where I think the flugel should
sit next to the Solo Horn. The sound of flugel with
the horn section in four parts is a unique sound texture
to the brass band.
I wonder how many bands sit the flugel next to the horns
and how many sit the flugel between the repiano
and the second cornets?