Re: alternative instrument for a horn player

Adrian Drover wrote

>Yes, I have written for rhythm section with brass band on one or two
>recording sessions and it works remarkably well. The string or electric
>bass makes a much better interpretation of jazz or rock bass lines than
>can the tubas.

Been doing it for years out here !! NZ Army Band (a brass group, as befits
our colonial music strengths !) started using Kit, Bass and Rythm guitars,
and Keyboards to augment rock/pop type arrangements back in the mid 70's
and still does so today. Some awesome arrangements have been done in-house
that only work with the electronics.

There's still a place for the straight brass combination, but bands should
seriously consider this option as the way back into the "hearts and minds"
of Joe Public.

Adrian, will be in UK May/June, is a Guinness out of the question ? Cheers,

Robin,
robens@xxxxxxxxxx
Stop and smell the roses !