Music for BBb Bass

Dear Fellow Brass Players
I have been playing the BBb Bass for 3 years now and think it is a great
instrument, but sometimes I get a little bored with playing Oom pa ,Oom
pa all the time, or worse still waltzes where we play the first note of
each bar. The pieces we have out at the moment are a particularly boring
set so I screwed up my courage and complained to our conductor (over a
pint in the pub). She was sympathetic and said if I could suggest some
more interesting pieces she might consider playing them. Please help and
suggest some pieces for me as I haven't been playing long enough to know
many. Not too difficult please - I think I am probably about grade 5
standard. I don't particularly want solos - more something with
interesting parts for the bass section.

As well as playing for Loxley Silver Band (see vacancies for Cornet
players on list) I also play for Newfield Community Concert Band which
is a recently formed wind band. We have vacancies for Cornets,
Euphonium, Trumpet, French Horns, All lower woodwind, Oboe and
Percussion.
All other players of wind band instruments would be welcome.
Trombone, Euphonium and Bass players please note that much of the music
is scored in bass clef.
Both Bands are in Sheffield.
--
Hilary Mateer