B and R Button

My father has recently aquired a small collection of old railway uniform
buttons. All are identified except one. It is a small brass button about
1cm accross with B&R stamped on the face. The only organisation I know that
has those initials is the Brighouse and Rastrick Band. The collection came
from the Huddersfield area.  I wonder if anyone has any knowledge of B&Rs
old uniforms? Did they ever have buttons of this type? It has a brass front
wich is crimped around a black painted backing with a small brass loop for
stitching onto a garment.

Any sugestions???

Dean
City of York Scout Band.