Re: alternative instrument for cornet players

Matt LaFontaine wrote:

> NABBA has a forum for these bands to play; the Open section. Bands >play the Challenge section test piece (probably equivelant to a second >or third section piece) with whatever instrumentation they have. French >horns, trumpets, whatever; but they are
kept seperate from the real >brass bands. Perhaps Royal Albert Hall can find a place for these >groups as well; just don't call them what they are not!

Who said anything about contesting?
I was referring to brass bands and their place in the wider musical
world, which (some) bands have been trying to gain for many years.
There is more to brass bands than the endless pursuit of winning a
silver pot.

Cheers,
Adrian J. Raven