Gramaphone recording

From: Rolf G Miezitis@NORTH on 27/04/98 12:15

List members, but particularly Phil Anderton,

the other day, my father picked up this recording from an antique store for
$1.

The Cossack March - W. Rimmer
Australian Newcastle Steelworks Band - Conductor Albert H. Baile
Ida & Dot - F. H. Losey
Cornet Duet A. P. Stender & D. Taylor
Vocalion Records - Hayes Middlesex

Unfortunately it did not have a date, but being recorded by an English
company, I can only assume that it was recorded in the same year that they
won the Open/Nationals/whatever, which I think was 1926. You may like to
correct me and come up with a theory of your own. It's a good performance
BTW.

Rolf Miezitis
First Baritone
Glenorchy City Concert Brass