Re: Eric Crees arrangements

-----Original Message-----
From: Rolf G Miezitis <Rolf.G.Miezitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 April 1998 11:44
Subject: Eric Crees arrangements

>From: Rolf G Miezitis@NORTH on 27/04/98 16:56
>
>can any one of you guys tell me how to get hold of Eric Crees arrangements?
>
>I recently bought a disc of his arrangements of American Brass Ensemble
>music, and thought that this was one of the most exciting ensemble discs I
>have heard for years.
>I had been after a recording of Bernstein's "Prelude, Fugue and Riffs" and
>discovered this arrangement which I thought was better that the original.
>It is particularly this arrangement that I want to get my hands on
>(virtually arranged for a big band minus Guitar and Bass).

I can't help you on where to find the Eric Crees arrangements, but I can
tell listers at large (but especially in the UK) that the London Symphony
Orchestra Brass Ensemble are giving a concert of Crees's arrangements on
November 6th at The Barbican, London.  Programme includes El Salon Mexico
and Billy The Kid (Copland);  Mutations from Bach (Barber);  Variations on
America (Ives) and Fancy Free (Bernstein) - conducted by Crees himself.  I
guess that you are on the other side of the world, so sorry to rub salt into
the wound!

Alec