Re: Instrumental straightjackets

-----Original Message-----
From: David Read <dtr20@xxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 April 1998 08:46
Subject: Re: Instrumental straightjackets

>I haven't heard Acid Brass. But club music developed from other styles
>itself. If the music makers had been told - "oh, no you can't do that,
>we only use real instruments, not electronics" it would have been a
>great loss.

Nothing to do with the thread of the argument, but:  the above comment
prompts me to mention that those who like both 'real' instruments and
electronics should look out for a future CD mentioned in Doyen's current
catalogue - Desford playing the music of Tim Souster.  If you're not
familiar with Souster's music, it will be an ear-opener!!

Alec