Re: Back Row (was where should f. sit)

On 27 Apr, Alastair Wheeler <alastair@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've heard of a great piece by Wilby, wossname, Revelation.  9
> independant cornet parts, right up your street.  Thinking of getting the
> local 4th section band to play it.  (don't forget the :)

Yes, I've tried this too, rearranging the solos, 2nds and 3rds into two
sections of 4, each player having an independant part, with the idea that
one section might be played on cornets and the other on trumpets.

Biggest problem with this is when only half of the cornet team turn up for
rehearsal.

Adrian

--
 /    \ _| (_)___   _____ ADRIAN DROVER