Brass-band Digest V4 #117

Message text written by Adrian Drover

>But organ tone becomes boring after a couple of minutes.<

???????? Have you ever mentioned this to any organists?

I have nothing against brass band presenting themselves in an 'all round'=

entertaining package when they perform, but at the end of the day, our co=
re
audience come to listen to the music.

If the music is good I am quite confident that a band can keep an audienc=
awake for several hours without them becoming 'bored' with the sound afte=
a 'couple of minutes'.  This of course also applies to Organists!,
pianists, guitarists, and in fact any other solo instrumentalist (not
wanting to offend any one by omission, baritone players too!)

If changing the instrumentation of bands is just give those in the audien=
ce
with no interest in music something to keep them awake then I really don'=
think that this is wise.

Richard Cookson,

Eb Bass : Besses o' th' barn