Re: re: F Horn in brass bands

Kees, nobody on this list has mentioned the overpowering sound of the eupho. IMHO 2 euphos' is one too many. The F'horn has much to offer, it's just not written for. To dismiss it by saying it doesn't fit (blend) is anachronistic. Tuned percussion didn't
fit either until the 60's (?)Like many things in the Brass Band fraternity, they are afraid to deviate from the given and try something a little different. Sure there's a place for the 'standard brass band' but some people are so narrow they can't see the
 music for the contest. LOL

Brass bandies would have to be among the most myopic fraternity in music.
Sorry folk, but look around you. Refer back to the posts about T'bone being written in F clef etc..

Ian, NFDOD
tenor horn in the local band,(WOW)

Create your free personalized e-mail address at http://www.n2mail.com