FAO...Guy & Ima Re[2]: Smith & Watkins cornets

On Thu, 7 May 1998 09:10:30 -0700, you wrote:

>Hey!
>
>I don't think that that response was "petty".  In fact, it was (IMHO)
right
>on the mark!  ONe's equipment choice is a very personal one, much like
>chosing a friend or lover.
>

>Guy Clark
>princpal cornet, Illinois Brass Band (on leave)
>co-principal trumpet Redwood (CA) Symphony Orchestra
>etc...
>

>rry 26yo 5'1" redhead who has a great smile? Has anyone on the list had
any experience with one or know of anyone who has?

>Stupid question isn't it! Like all the cornet players who play Dennis
Wick m'pieces so they'll sound like so'n so.

>Instrument choice is very personal, just like the person you have
married or want to marry.
>---
>Ima

these remarks chaps are utter !!!

Maybe...why people are having a go at Ima is the fact that his
response was written in a really shitty tone!!!!(scuse the pun!!)...

the original question was asking for opinions only...from more
experienced players......which is not at all like asking someone if
they have any experience with a partner etc (just quoting your
rubbish)  BUT  more like the experts in other fields who review just
about any product you can think of, for those of us who are mere
mortals who may need advice, or just to be interested in an
opinion....

If Ima has no opinion on the thread....than why not let someone who
has something constructive to say....answer and stop pissing people
off

Simon Stonehouse
flugel horn , Williams Fairey Band
co-principal 3rd trumpet Failsworth School Band
4th Sackbutt Glossop stompers(retired)
etc...

p.s

notning like a lively debate to waken the group up!!!...is there
Steve!!!