Re: Instrumental straightjackets (was alternative instrument for cornet players

-----Original Message-----
From: Dashman <dashman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 May 1998 15:01
Subject: Re: Instrumental straightjackets (was alternative instrument for
cornet players

 How many people out there can honestly say that they
>> enjoy contesting.
>
>Me.  It's good to get the chance to get my teeth into a piece of difficult
>music every now and then.

Couldn't you get your teeth into a difficult piece of music without having
to wait for the next contest?  You are allowed to, you know!!

>Summer park jobs are all very well, and can be enjoyable, but the music
>liked by the general public is not always very challenging.

Isn't up to you, the musician, to provide the challenge to the public?
Music would never develop if  musicians and composers did not provide the
listening public with new challenges.  Lead, man, don't follow - it's your
duty!!

Best wishes

Alec