European Brass Band Championships

I think the results were a huge scandal. YBS played in their own league and
no other band was even close. I didn't hear YBS playing the set test piece
(they won it anyhow!) but I heard their own choice piece - Blitz. It was
just marvellous. The best performance I have ever heard of that piece.
They got 88 points for that and ended 4th...
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. My congratulations though to
Brighouse and Rastrick Band, its always fun to win isn't it :/
I heard both their set test piece and own choice piece (Contest Music).
They played good, but with all respect - YBS should have won.

We were quite happy with our placement (8th). After a bit shaky set piece
we pulled ourselves together and played our own choice well (Connotations).
We got 92 points for that and was the 4th best band on the own choice!

Henrik Glanneskog
Solo Trombone
Goteborg Brass Band