George Roberts (was French Horns)

On 09 May, brassman <brassman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andy, I also agree with you about "I'm Getting Sentimental Over You."
> Brass band trombone players usually have no clue about playing in that
> (the correct) style, but isn't that a matter of education and desire?
> Certainly there are enough CDs and LPs (What's that?) with players of
> the calibre of Don Lusher, Urbie Green, Frank Rosolino and Bill Watrous,
> but you have to be attracted to that style and approach and really WANT
> it.  I might add George Roberts to that list for you bass trombonists.

> Mark Freeh (NYC)

BTW, To all you bass trombonists out there, I would like to recommend two
new George Roberts CDs on the Music Minus One label.

These are MMO 3906 "Unsung Hero"
      and MMO 3 "Big Band Ballads"

George plays solo bass 'bone on top of Nelson Riddle Orchestra
arrangements originally done for Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett.

Second half of each CD is just orchestra, for you to play along with.

Thoroughly recommendable! URL is http://www.minusone.com

Adrian

--
 /    \ _| (_)___   _____ ADRIAN DROVER