Re: FAO...Guy & Ima Re[2]: Smith & Watkins cornets

On Fri  8 May 98 (22:20:38), phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>On Thu, 07 May 1998 18:53:21 GMT, you wrote:
>

>>If Ima has no opinion on the thread....than why not let someone who
>>has something constructive to say....answer and stop pissing people
>>off
>>
>>Simon Stonehouse
>
>Yeah, right Stonky. So who the f*** are Smith and Watkins - kindly
>impart this information to the lesser mortals, Oh ye of the greatest
>band in the world.

Derek Watkins....absolutely fantastic trumpet player and probably one of the
best in the world, no exageration. You see him popping up in all sorts of
studio bands and backing to various artists...In fact, heres a list from his
latest cd :

Maynard Ferguson, Ted Heath, Stan Tracey, Gil Evans, Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones,
Barbara Streisand, Liza Minelli, Tony Bennett, Cleo Laine, Sammy David Jnr, The
Beatles, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Bros(!), Pet Shop Boys and he's also played
on the films, Batman, Memphis Belle, Star Wars, Romancing the Stone and a few
James Bonds as well, so basically what i'm saying is that he's not a bad little
player...

Never heard of Richard Smith mind you......

--
Gregor Spowart