Re: NABBA XVI Complete Band Results

>I haven't seen a post with the complete results, and the NABBA
>web site only lists the placement, despite the fact that the
>complete results were posted for previous years.   Here we go...
>

>North American Brass Band Association Championship XVI was held
>at the Singletary Center for the Arts on the campus of the
>University of Kentucky in Lexington on 17-18 April, 1998.
>Here are the results:
>

>		     Adjudicator:   Gay Hile Tizzard Pnlty Total
>
>Youth Division
>

>Junior-Varsity All-Star Brass Band  88   85    88	   261
>

>Challenge Division
>
>Prarie Brass Band		   90   90    90	   270
>Commonwealth Brass Band	     91   92    86	   269
>Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band	  88   91    89	   268
>The Cincinnati Brass Band	   90   87    88	   265
>Motor City Brass Band	       89   85    87	   261
>North Carolina State University
>	British Brass Band	  76   84    82	   241
>Varsity All-Star Brass Band	 74   81    84	   239
>Sunshine Brass Band		 81   79    78	   238
>The Brass Band of the Tri-State     75   75    73	   223
>

>Honors Division
>
>All-Star Brass and Percussion       90   92    92	   274?
>			       (Tally sheet showed total of 272!)
>
>Championship Division
>
>Illinois Brass Band		 96   95    95	   286
>Eastern Iowa Brass Band	     90   88    85	   263
>Brass Band of Columbus	      88   90    83	   261
>Central Ohio Brass Band	     88   86    84	   258
>Collegiate All-Star Brass Band      80   91    89      3    257
>Sheldon Theatre Brass Band	  79   85    89	   253
>Atlantic Brass Band		 83   89    80	   252
>

>--

Yes, you are correct and the reason is that NABBA has in the past not
wanted the actual numbers released.
I would be happy to  add them but please address the question to  Ron
Holz, President of NABBA <ronald.holz@xxxxxxxxxx>.  If he gives the OK I
will post them.  Actually I would like to post them for past competitions
as well.  The NABBA web site will become a repository for all
championship data and the scores can be included if Ron agrees.

Please send a list of concerts to me on an ongoing basis and they will be
on the web page along with a link to the page of the band sending the
information. I will post the that was on the UK server.

We also would like band vacancies, news about the band, festivals etc.

I thought your band played very well in Lexington.  It is interesting how
the two newest bands did so well.  It should be encouragement to all who
would like to start a new band.