Fanfares

Hi,

Recently, our band has suffered from the loss of several of our key
players to university and career moves and we are consequently having
to 'regroup' and temporarily amend the type of programme we play to
reflect the struggles of the remaining members. Fortunately we have
very good links with several other local bands and some of their
members generously help us out at concerts when they can although,
obviously, their own bands must take precedence.

The problem we have at present is that, shortly, on the same
weekends as most other local bands, we will be required to play for
the crowning ceremonies of several May Queens in surrounding villages
and we don't have a fanfare suitable for our diminished membership.
This fanfare doesn't need to be very long - last year we used a 8 or
16 bar section out of the middle of 'Fanfare and Soliloquie' - but
needs to be manageable by 2 front row cornets, rep, 2nd/3rd cornet, 3
horns, euph, 1st &2nd Bari, 1 trombone and Eb bass.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to suitable pieces,( preferably
with a source of supply as time is getting short)?

Many thanks,

Ian
Ian W. Wright
Bandmaster and Euphonium player of the Hathersage Silver Band, Derbyshire, England
see our web page at:- www.geocities.com/hollywood/6067/home.html