Re: Fanfares

In a message dated 11/05/98 21:00:29 GMT, you write:

> Hi,
>
>  Recently, our band has suffered from the loss of several of our key
>  players to university and career moves and we are consequently having
>  to 'regroup' and temporarily amend the type of programme we play to
>  reflect the struggles of the remaining members. Fortunately we have
>  very good links with several other local bands and some of their
>  members generously help us out at concerts when they can although,
>  obviously, their own bands must take precedence.
>
>  The problem we have at present is that, shortly, on the same
>  weekends as most other local bands, we will be required to play for
>  the crowning ceremonies of several May Queens in surrounding villages
>  and we don't have a fanfare suitable for our diminished membership.
>  This fanfare doesn't need to be very long - last year we used a 8 or
>  16 bar section out of the middle of 'Fanfare and Soliloquie' - but
>  needs to be manageable by 2 front row cornets, rep, 2nd/3rd cornet, 3
>  horns, euph, 1st &2nd Bari, 1 trombone and Eb bass.
>
>  Does anyone have any suggestions as to suitable pieces,( preferably
>  with a source of supply as time is getting short)?
>
>  Many thanks,
>
>  Ian
>  Ian W. Wright
>  Bandmaster and Euphonium player of the Hathersage Silver Band, Derbyshire,
> England
>  see our web page at:- www.geocities.com/hollywood/6067/home.html

Dear Ian
I don't know if you are aware that the caravan club now has a band which
contains many brass players.
I'm sure some of them would love to come to Derbyshire for a weekend if you
could suggest a suitable site for their caravans.

If you want more details email me on
LAFSF@xxxxxxx
Regards
Lesley Flockton