Re: French Horns

Eddy,
Many of the finest brass players in the world are brass band trained. They leave
that idiom for good reason and bucks, but when they try to point others in the
seemingly right direction, they get nothing but derision for their trouble.

The previous discussions between Mark Freeh and Adrian Drover have been
fantastic. I wonder just how many budding arrangers out there took the trouble to
save their exchanges for utilisation in their future arrangements. Under normal
circumstances you might pay big bucks to get that information off either of them.

Norm

Peter Younghusband wrote:

> > Hey Norm
> >
> > what about all those pro violinists who use vib on every  note
> > not to mention the cellists.. bit of an all encompassing,numb kind of
> > statement perhaps?
> >  Still each to his own eh norm:)
>
> Dear Norm,
>
> Ed Martin, Willupson Big Band, brass band trained still living in WA.
>
> What a load of shit.
>
> Call back please.
>
> Ed Martin c/o Monkey
>
> > Nige Beasley
> >
> > >Mark,
> > >You and I agree on many things, one of them being vibrato. Vibrato is what
> > BB
> > >users use to cover other problems. Listen to the pro's BB players. They
> > don't
> > >use vib on every  note. U want tuning? don't use vib.
> > >
> > >Norm
> >
> > --

Music is my first love, after Jan and the billies.