Re: Polyphonic Label

Graham Young (905) 575-8440
Weston Silver Band, Symphony Hamilton
Celebration Brass, McMaster Chamber Orchestra
gyoung@xxxxxxxx

And when a piece incorporates the spoken word,
> such as Peter Graham's little gem 'Alloway Tales' (on the entertainment
CD
> of the year, YBS's 'Cry of the Celts'), for heaven's sake print the text!
> Speaking as a sassenach, it's difficult enough to understand Robert Burns
as
> it is, without that sort of handicap!
Time to treat the Brass band recording in the same manner
as other labels.
The music and the players deserve respect.

 The obvious solution is to list the members who
performed on the CD.

 All I want to know is "who is who"
for that performance. I have met some players
from those bands and it is interesting to see
if they are with this or that group.

As for the back rows getting credit, they contribute as much as
the soloists. I'd rather play third in a great band
than first in a poor one.

I think the players or the BB associations should insist
that proper recognition be given. Later changes in personnel
are irrelevant