Mc Cann in Sydney

At 10:04 13/05/98 +0200, Edy Van Asch wrote:
>And a lot of bands (including the top ones) could use Phillip McCann as a
>conductor. It's a disaster he's not conducting anymore.

Agreed. The Sellers/MCann CD with the Dvorak "New World" cor anglais theme
arranged for Tenor Horn and Band is one of the best. I think it is his
arrangement?

	Phillip McCann was in Australia adjudicating the Nationals in 1996. He
played in a public concert with a select composite band. We were given only
one short opportunity to rehearse with him. (Our young John Saunders was
the nervous conductor). He was very polite and supportive to John, and at
the same time intent on getting it "right", despite being surrounded by
Australians :-). He seemed most a professional gentleman.

	That concert ended with Wagner's "Procession to the Minster" conducted by
Ron Prussing (trombone with Sydney Symphony Orchestrs and conductor of the
S.A.Sydney Citadel Band). We played on stage and the S.A. band came in with
the f - ff - crescendos as they were standing in the aisles througout the
audience. The effect was fantastic. Ron's direction was excellent.

Phil Anderton.

Philip Anderton			Phone: +61 2 9316 8301
Warringah Concert Brass
Sydney, Australia

Web: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/other/wcb.htm
Email: P.Anderton@xxxxxxxxxxx