Re: Masters 98

>Any views on the adjudication system to be used at this years contest.
>

>L R Eccleston

I think having separate judges giving their own marks is a better system
than the one we have at present.  If we are going to employ 3 highly
regarded musicians to give us their opinion we might as well have just that
instead of the consensus that we arrive at under normal contesting
conditions.

It doesn't matter if the marks vary a great deal from one to the other
because it is a personal view that we are asking for.  If the marks, when
added together give a draw...so what?  (you can always appoint a principal
judge who, in the event of a tie has the final say.

Congratulations to Philip Biggs and Richard Franklin on their
open-mindedness on the subject.  (I might have a different view next week
mind you:)

Nige Beasley