Re: (No Subject)

Hi Norm,

Derek Garside can be heard on the CD Kings of Brass, I think still
obtainable from David Horsfield at Kirklees Music, along with Brian Evans
and Peter Roberts sharing the Sop part. I think Peter Roberts is the
youngest player on the disc, but don't quote me!

Rod Gibson
Haverhill Silver

>Thank you for mentioning DEREK GARSIDE, formerly of CWS Manchester in the
the late 50's and early
>60's. He was my first idol/model.
>
>Does anyone out there know where he is now.
>
>Norm.
>
>BrassBand Police wrote:
>
>> To Ron Grice - the "true" brass band lover......
>>
>> You are totally off base about Phillip McCann.  He and his vibrato
>> held  the brass band movement back single handedly for 30 years.
Unfortunately