Re: Mc Cann in Sydney

At 20:53 15/05/98 +0800, Monkey wrote:

>Are you sure about that Phil? That's not what John told me!
>
>Monkey

Monkey, you stirrer!  :-)

	John S says hello. After your comment I spoke to him at length about what
it was like to conduct with McCann at the front in 1996. John, as a budding
conductor, was a bit nervous, between an unrehearsed composite band and one
of the world's great soloists. The band was given very little time with
McCann to prepare for his solos. This was through no fault of the players
or John.
	We both had the impression that  McCann was understandably a little
disappointed with the standard of the band that was to accompany him, but
nevertheless got on with the business of preparing and rehearsing for his
solos in a polite and professional manner. So it was not the most
comfortable experience for John, but this was due mainly to the way things
were organised at the time.

See you in Sydney, mate.

Phil Anderton.

Philip Anderton			Phone: +61 2 9316 8301
Warringah Concert Brass
Sydney, Australia

Web: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/other/wcb.htm
Email: P.Anderton@xxxxxxxxxxx