Re: Competing in the U.S.A. (fwd)

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Mitchell Yelverton wrote:

> you think that concert bands are a weak waste of time?  Concert and symphonic
> bands play some of the most inspiring and beautiful literature ever written
> for any type of band.  Don't try to tell me that you can play "Linconshire

Bum!  There I was writing to the Grainger society for permission to
arrange this.... and I have to wait till after my finals before I can even
think about arranging anything, so someone else could get a head start
now... I'll let Adrian know how I get on :)

> Posy" or "light Cavalry Overture" or any of the other wonderful "band" pieces

Isn't LCO an orchestral piece?  An I wouldn't have said it was a great
piece of music.  Fun perhaps.

--
  Alastair Wheeler
  Euphonium & Trombone				   Fundamental Brass