Re: Soprano Cornet Solos

Dear Mark

> Emmanuel (my arrangement.....done for Kevin Crockford)
> I'll send you a copy if you'd like.

I heard Kevin's first performance of this when I was playing on a Young
Ambassador's tour .... (Belgium or Luxembourg I think) quite a few years
back.  He'd only just got it (from you I presume), and after hours
of travelling, far too much beer for breakfast and lunch, and a quick
rehearsal, he still managed to pull off a fantastic performance of it in
the concert.

>but you must have a good solid B natural (D concert)

You're not kidding!!

Without wishing to embarrass you too much, it is one of my most favourite
soprano solos - obviously made all
the better by Kevin's ability! I'm so pleased I'm now able to speak to the
man behind the arrangement.

....... you haven't got any flugel solo arrangements as effective as this
have you - I'd love to get my hands on
any you might have.

CLAIR TOMALIN
Flugel, KM Gillingham Band