Lord Nelson mine band contest dispute 1899

 Disputes have been a feature of Oz brass band contests for quite a while.
See Barbara Turner's latest addition to our historical site

(http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/bbhistory/StArn/StARNAUD.htm#In its
short)

 to read about accusations that the Lord Nelson Miner's Band won a contest
in Geelong in 1899 with "professional players". The defense of the band and
its players by the mine manager make interesting reading.

These excellent photos and the accompanying summary of the history of this
band are provided courtesy of research by Barbara Turner and private
collectors.

Phil Anderton
Warringah Concert Brass.

PS We are still looking for input from anyone with digital images of bands
(or links to collections of same on the web), hopefully with names and
dates. The earlier the better.
Philip Anderton		Ph:    +612 9385 4375
School of Optometry	Fax:   +612 93136243
University of NSW		Email: P.Anderton@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sydney 2052		Web:   http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/
Australia		ISCEV 2000: http://www.iscev2000.unsw.edu.au/iscev2000.htm