Re: Soprano Cornet Solos

Hi Clair.............

Do you want to be my manager?

Thanks for your kind words.  Was David Nesbitt on that tour? I actually
gave David a copy of "Emmanuel" to give to Kevin as I only see Kevin about
every two years.

Here's a little history on it.
I originally did it for Steven Mead for a CD called "Rondo" along with
"Flight of the Bumblebee" and "Rondo."  The latter two items made the CD
but "Emmanuel" was put on the shelf.  I rethought it,  and decided it would
be better for Eb Soprano and gave it to Kevin.  Roger Webster just played
it at the European Gala on Bb cornet.  It's just a simple tune that I first
heard with Branford Marsalis (Wynton's brother) doing all French pieces on
a wonderful CD. I reccomemd it highly.

No... I wasn't kidding.... that B natural better be solid.

I've not heard Kevin play it... in fact, being in America, I haven't heard
Roger or Steven play it either.  I did it with Andy Berryman on trombone
when he came over last year.  I guess it can be done with just about any
instrument.

I would like to hope that everything I do is that "effective" as you put
it.  I think this is turning out to be more of a personal letter to you, so
perhaps we should speak about the flugel solos directly.  Please e-mail me
at:   brassman@xxxxxxxxxxx

Mark Freeh (NYC)