Re: Soprano Cornet Solos

>Cameron Mabon wrote:
>
>> The Queen of the Night's Aria (from a Mozart opera? I can't remember
>> which one) is impressive. Kevin
>> Crockford played it with Grimethorpe on the Paganini Variations CD.
>
>The arrangement Kevin plays is not the same one that is published (as far
>as I know), and as it was done for him I doubt you will be able to get hold
>of it.  Kevin's is in a different key (its a tone up), with the highest
>notes being top C's.  The published version goes up to Bb, and is a pretty
>good arrangement as well.  I would recommend giving it a try.

My dad tried to get hold of the "Crockford" arrangement a couple of years ago to play
with "The Farm" so i can confirm that they won't release it! Seems strange to me.. What is
the point in arranging music and not letting any one else play it!

Simon Loukes
Eb Bass Chalk Farm and Coventry City SA Bands