Re: Webster vs McCann -Reply

Hi Cameron,Hi Edy,  I'm sure we've all heard a combined gasp at the end of
some amazing cadenza performances but for me , my first R.A.H. nationals
1977 ,when Phillip finished the cadenza in connatations you knew you had
heard it for the first time that day,I think Dyke played at about No19. I
don't think anyone had any doubts about the winning band. I feel I was
priviledged to hear that band during the years when you could put the photo
on the record because the band (Dyke) hardly ever changed. The
understanding between John Clough and Phillip McCann was something to
listen to.IMHO a lesson for a lot of todays bands. Talking about Phillip
how many on the list have heard the theme from the B.B.Cs "Anna of five
towns" this is playing at its best with the cornet vib blending in with the
violins its hard to tell whose's playing what, to appreciate it you really
should hear it on the record rather than the t v show.

Ron Grice.
Newcastle Australia.