Re: Missed the point (was Vibrato, was Redbridge Band CD)

Rolf:

Just in case you missed Norm's response ...... I don't think he took as
much offense as you did :-)))

> From: Norm Harris <normal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Vibrato
> Date: 20 May 1998 10:53
>
> Thank you Clair for an excellent reprimand on my comment. No, i'm not
being
> facetious, your arguement and logic is by far the best i've read in a
long
> time.
> I have reconsidered my original statement and do recant any derision that
may
> have been implied. (None was meant BTW)
>
> Norm

And as for you're comments!!!! :-))))
----------
> From: Rolf G Miezitis <Rolf.G.Miezitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Clair said
> > I may be reacting too seriously to your comments, but these are my
>> initial
> > thoughts when I read them:
> >
> You're not kidding

I thought this would cover any misdirected comments I made! :-))  Please
see my new disclaimer below :-)

> I believe, Norm may have been saying that Jazz is a very difficult medium
> to master (for all musicians, which Norm always means when he says "we"),
> not denigrating the band for expanding the medium.

Down to interpretation I think :)) - But if it's difficult for ALL
musicians, who's to say whether it's a good, bad or indifferent attempt, as
in your theory, NO-ONE can do it :-))

>You're knee-jerk reaction disappoints me more than the whole tedious
French Horn/vibrato
> debate.

I'll try really hard to hit the right spot next time!!!!!!!!!!!

>Norm also makes sure that he liberally spreads smiley faces all
> over his mail.

:-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  - Does this make you like me now?
:-))))))))

>Loosen up for God's sake.

Oouucch! :-)

> To the wider audience, please note that I haven't quoted the entire
message
> as per Nigel's rule of "no > 50% of mail to be quotes".

What a good boy you are!! :-))  Shame though, the selected elements weren't
much help to anyone who may have lost my original message.

>Please be less enthusiastic with the reply button.

You nearly didn't get this reply because I was too scared to press 'that
button' :-)))

It's been fun! (is that looooossssseeee enough yet..... man!!)

Clair Tomalin
Flugel, KM Gillingham Band
c.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TEMPORARY DISCLAIMER (pending legal amendment):  Nothing in this message
was supposed to upset, annoy, offend or criticize any party or
counter-party who may read its content.  If there is anything that even
slightly raises one hair on someone's eyebrow I will personally send myself
to Coventry (nice cathedral there I think). :-)