Soprano Cornet Solos

Message text written by INTERNET:brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
><

Just picking up this old thread. One of the most amazing performances I'v=
ever heard was Wycherley on Faireys 1982 (ish) Carnival' album playing
'Meditation from Thais' - Massenet arranged by Michael Brand I think.

Others favourites are Oh My Beloved Father (Kevin Bolton arrangement) and=

You Are My Life (Du Bist Die Ruh - umlaut omitted!) arranged by Walter
Hargreaves. Played both these on manuscript so not sure who publisher is.=

Others not mentioned;  Bring Him Home from Les Mis - arranged Keith
Wilkinson and available from Studio Music. Plus the classics Cavalera (?)=

Rusticana, On With The Motley (Farr/Rosehill) and Drink to me Only
(Langford/Chandos).

In terms of difficulty one would have to be either mad 'n ' th ' napper o=
kamikaze or over-confident or playing brilliantly to take on Meditation (=
or
Michael Brand's arrangement) IN PUBLIC. Full of top C's and some and
slow/exposed (a classic sop solo I suppose). But if successful it would
bring the house down.

The others 'just' require excellent control throughout range.

Good Luck.

Craig Bennett
Soprano - Desford.