Re: Oldest Established UK Brass Band?

Kirkbymoorside Town Brass band...

Dave Taylor (Responded)
Warwick University brass band 1st euph
Rolls-Royce (Coventry) band spare trombone (1st for the next few weeks-wow!)
Excuse me if this is wrong, but I thought that the first piston valve was
not patented until 1818( by Stlzel, in Germany), with the first
instruments incorporating the design not appearing for about another 10
years or so. So unless it was made up of entirely trombones, and natural
trumpets and horns, 1821 would seem a bit unlikely

Dave,
	Thanks for that, and of course if these facts are correct, it is
unlikely that the band was a true brass band in 1821. It looks like the 1856
parade was the first brass band gig that can be authenticated so we will
have to go along with that.
	Good look on 1st

Bye for Now
David Wakeley