Re: Promoting brass bands

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Larwood <larwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 May 1998 13:05
Subject: Re: Promoting brass bands

>Alec
>
>I don't often contribute to this list because there are so many more
>well qualified to speak than I ...

Steve, thank you for your kind comments - but I must take issue with the
above extract.  What qualifications do you need to voice your opinion on
music?  None at all!  God preserve us from the day when discussion on such
matters is restricted to the qualified and intellectual.  Say whatever you
like, whenever you like. If it's factually inaccurate, no doubt someone will
be quick to point it out, but no-one can question your right to an opinion.

Speak boldly - even if what you have to say is complete tosh!  I do!!

Cheers

Alec