RE: Promoting brass bands

Phillip Biggs seems to be carving a niche for himself promoting sell out
concerts and running a very popular contest, so it can be done even today.
Our band also has a very loyal following for the concerts we promote. I also
think that the way the pieces are introduced is important and if the
conductor isn't a good compere try getting someone else to front the
concert. That is not to criticise any conductors, but they are not all good
at getting across to the audience.

Well that's my two penn'orth.

Cheers

Rod Gibson
Haverhill Silver

Snip

> Steve Larwood
> Euph, Trom, Bass Trom - Melbourne Town Band
> www.proactif.demon.co.uk/mtb
> Alec Gallagher wrote:
> >
> > Clair Tomalin has commented in divers postings about how to attract the
> > 'unconverted' audience to brass bands, amongst many other things.  My
Snip