Re: Vibrato

In the Message regarding "Re: Vibrato" dated 22 May 98, Trond Otto Berg
<trober@xxxxxxxxx> said that ...

(Adrian's original)
> > I agree. My son is only 15, but already has a collection of instruments
> > which he has found necessary for his musical education. These include
> > trumpet, cornet and flugelhorn in Bb, trumpet and cornet in Eb.
(Trond's response)
> That colection of instrumet is comarable too this: Trombone, Euph,
> Eb-tenorhorn, baitone-sax, and bass-clarinet.

Hardly comparable but as you make the comparison, have you ever heard a
trumpet player who can also play a mean sax? No? Well have a listen to
Maynard Ferguson who also gets a wonderful sound out of a soprano sax.

> Versatile means usable for a lot, but not real good at anything.

"Capable of or adapted for many different uses, skills, etc"
Collins Dictionary & Thesaurus 1990 - not the same as not being good at
anything.

=A0=A0
Andy Wooler Resident Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass
Breweries, Sussex, UK MD The Classic Dance Band, Trumpet: Sussex Symphony
Orchestra andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.awooler.demon.co.uk