Re: Doubling (was Vibrato)

In the Message regarding "Doubling (was Vibrato)" dated 24 May 98, Adrian
Drover <saxhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said that ...

> Trond, this is a stupid argument and I am surprised that others on the
> list are in agreement with these ramblings.

Here Here!
I have to agree with adrian on this - most of the trumpet players I know
also double on flugelhorn, cornet, piccolo etc etc. Unfortunately, most of
those with cornet as their main instrument do not. And they are always the
ones who have to be told to curb their vibrato, or take hours to be taught
how to play "jazz" quavers, to read articulation properly etc .

To take this one step further, every british army bandmaster used to have
to play all the instruments in the band and be tested as being capable of
doing so.

=A0=A0
Andy Wooler Resident Conductor, Uckfield Concert Brass
Breweries, Sussex, UK MD The Classic Dance Band, Trumpet: Sussex Symphony
Orchestra andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , http://www.awooler.demon.co.uk