Re: Doubling instrumentalists

Trond Otto Berg wrote:

>That colection of instrumet is comarable too this: Trombone, Euph,
>Eb-tenorhorn, baitone-sax, and bass-clarinet.  Wold you say that if

No, actually it's comparable to bass trumpet, baritone and Eupho,
alto trumpet and alto saxhorn.  I don't play the alto valve
instruments, but I play the other three in addition to alto, tenor,
and Bass Trombone.  But someone like Tom Malone can play all these
plus all the instruments Adrian listed, plus all the saxes (esp.
Bari!) and flutes and piccolo - think I've also heard him on bass
clarinet.  Doubling is not easy, but some people can manage more
of it than others and it certainly can broaden your musical
perspective, which isn't all that bad a thing, really.

   John.Fisher@xxxxxxxxxx