Cambridge - 'right bands in the wrong order ?'

David, band contests are subjective and will always be a lottery. Look at the
diverse opinions on a variety of subjects within this list. So it is with all
adjudicators. As i've said before, "It's one (2,3,4,5) persons opinion on a
given day according to THEIR values and criteria." Not yours, not mine or any
one else who sees fit to proffer an opinion.
Maybe someday the contest organizers might ask the intended adjudicator to
submit for public scrutiny, their criteria of assessment. No prompting, just
tell us what you are listening for.
No 'guffawing' now. The obvious is really not so obvious, because what is
obvious to you may not be obvious to me. And so this becomes yet another can of
worms, because if the adjudicator decides to reprioritise his values (as is
his/her prerogative) then every one will accuse him/her of shifting the goal
posts.
Is there really a satisfactory answer. (rhetorical question folks)

Davdi C Johnson wrote:

> Contests finally became a joke today. Arguably any of the top six could
> have won, but in practice to win a contest you need to be lucky with ALL
> three judges. In my view - and I love band contesting - they should let
> the audience vote, that or have 5 judges so the averages are less
> servere. At present it seems to me that contest are becoming a lottery
> and that they are delivering the 'right bands in the wrong order'.
> Regards
> Paul Johnson
>
> --

Norm.
Music is my first love, after Jan and the billies.