Re: Symphonic Sound

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Michael Solms wrote:

> On Sat, 23 May 1998, brassman wrote:
>
> Fletcher's articles are reprinted in the book "A Celebration, John
> Fletcher, Tuba Extraordinary" published by the John Fletcher Trust, 14
> Hamilton Terrace, London NW8 9UG.  The Trust also have a CD available,
> "The Best of Fletch".  I highly recommend both.  In the U.S., you can

An enjoyable CD, but I am always amazed at the sound in the Gregson -
Fletch only sounds better than Besses basses when he's playing really high
cantabile stuff, don't know why as the rest is all great.

> order through Bert Wiley at Bernel Music 704-293-7469.  The Trust supports
> players in taking courses with the National Youth Orchestra.

Not just the NYO, I think anyone going on a national course can apply.
They certainly half funded me for one NYWO course (2nd euph)

--
  Alastair Wheeler
  Euphonium & Trombone				   Fundamental Brass