Re: Cambridge - 'right bands in the wrong order ?'

>Actually, luck now DOES play an important role in the new system.  The
>tie break judge is decided by a random draw.  Eric Crees was selected,
>and as a result, we tied for 8th with Ever Ready, they got 8th and we
>got 9th...had Geoffrey Brand been selected instead, these two results
>would have been the other way round.  Regardless of all the advantages
>of this new system, it is now true that there is a totally random
>element to the brass band contest.
>
>--
>Tim Morgan, Bass Trombone, Woolley Pritchard Sovereign Brass.
>http://www.fylde.demon.co.uk/sov/sov.htm

Tim

I take your point (although a little out of context). I actually don't know
the full details of the system but I'm sure that there were a few other
criteria to separate the ties before it came down to the lottery of the
chief adjudicator.

Nige Beasley