Re: Scanning music

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Angela Tregaskes wrote:

> Well before all you eager techies out there spend precious time hunting for
> Nightingale version 3.0 ....... here is the URL where it can be found:
>
> http://www.musicwareinc.com/prod02.htm
>
> Don't get too excited though ......... it IS still only available in Mac
> format (as Dave suspected it might be).

Sibelius also has a scanning cappacity, which looks very impressive.
Sibelius is currently Acorn only, but they're recoding it to run on other
boxes, I hope it doesn't turn out too slow.  Anyway the URL is (I think)

http://www.sibelius-software.com/

If that doesn't work, you can find it from numerous links pages, ie BBW,
Harogate band, ADIOS, mine....

> Nevertheless I would be interested in hearing how useful this software
> turns out to be generally to the members of this LIST.  I can just imagine
> implementing some user-friendly scanning software designed specifically to
> help  preserve some of the older stuff if most bands' libraries.

I don't think there'll be any copyright issues with music that old, though
with an old style of typography scanning will probably be less accurate.

> A.T.

Out of interest, do you remember Nigels rule on signatures?  Though mine's
a line too long as well ;)

--
  Alastair Wheeler
  Euphonium & Trombone				   Fundamental Brass