Possibly reason behind Masters result ?

I've just heard on the grape vine that the 3 judges at the Masters had
different things to look at.  One looked at musicality, one at technique
and one at sound.  If this is true it might have been nice if they told us.
 Obviously they had their own pre-set agendas, with no overlap.

I was also told that YBS were given 13th by the 'sound' judge, therefore
gaining full marks for musicality and technique.  Apparently they were
slated for having a hard sound, especially cornets.

I don't know if any of the above is 100% true, its just what I've heard,
from a very good source though.  Anybody else heard this.

Martin.