Re: EEb bass (was Symphonic Sound)

Adrian Drover wrote:

<huge snip>

>Having said all this, as a bass trombone player, I find the Eb tuba a very
>useful instrument to use as a double. I would be interested to hear how
>other EEb players overcome this stuffiness in 4th valve combinations.

I get one of my CC tubas out, or sometimes my _very_ silly Conn BBb with a
massive bore and 24" forward facing bell (it doesn't half intimidate the
conductor!)

Pete
___
Peter Denton
Development Officer
National Brass Band Centre, Room 112, E Mill, Dean Clough, Halifax, HX3 5YJ, UK.
Tel +44 (0)1422 250323 Mobile +44 (0) 7010 704225 Fax +44 (0)1422 252246