RE: Vibrato

>When you say "This is a subject wich I know something about, since I took my
master deg. in music on ambochure and ambochure-building."  I have to
wonder.  First of all, if I had earned a masters in something, I'd know
how to spell it.  (embouchure).  (Now it's possible that it's spelled
>differently on the East side of the pond).  Second, the concept to  "get a
injury that may cause them to stop playing TOTALY for a year or so."  is
ludicrous.  I personally know a number of professional studio brass
players that double on several instruments and are top notch on each of
them.

I know that none of these professional players have studied the theory
of EMBOUCHURE as extensively as you have.  All they've done (and I count
myself somewhat among them having played 35 years or so in professional
orchestras, studio work and casuals) -- is achieve the highest level of
performance and respect in the terrifyingly difficult world of Hollywood
studios.

Doubles (even among brass players) are expected.  And every one of them
must be tack-on perfect every time.  And, no, they didn't wait until
they were fully grown adults to learn their doubles.  In short, the real
world is not the same as the theoretical world of academia.

Get a job as a professional player and write me back.

Kevin Petersen
Tuba - San Fernando Valley Symphony, Downey Symphony, Pierce Brass
"I play loud and work cheap"
KPetersen@xxxxxxxxxxxx