Re: Venlo Band???

-----Original Message-----
From: Vicki Aumann <vicki@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 May 1998 10:10
Subject: Venlo Band???

>Does anybody know of a brass band in, near or around Venlo in Holland?
>A guy in my band is travelling there for business in July '98 and wishes
>to sit in and/or listen to a band while he is there.  (He's a trombone
>player).
>Thanks for your help.
>

>Vicki
>Dandenong Band/Knox Band
>Melbourne, Australia.

I remember playing in Venlo for the Young Ambassadors Brass Band of Great
Britain back in the mid/late eighties, and I'm pretty sure they had a band
of their own.  The chap who would be able to help you is Frank Wolff, who is
Dutch but lives in Oxford (or used to, anyway).  I've lost contact with him
now, but I recall that he had a connection with one of the Oxford bands -
perhaps one or two of our fellow listers from that area could help?

Alec