RE: 1998 All England Masters

Hi Alec

Not to mention the possibility of being chased through the town by irate
bandsmen who think they should have won!!!

> By the way, what is the going rate for a day's adjudication?

Don't know, never been offered the job, perhaps someone will tell us, but I
don't think it compares to winning the lottery.

> >They shouldn't need guidance or rules but if common sense doesn't prevail
> >then perhaps they should be given some guide lines to work to in future.
>
> Hmm.  It seems common sense to me that when a footballer kicks
> the ball into
> the opposition's net it represents an advantage to his own side, and if he
> kicks it out of the playing area, or fouls an opponent, it represents an
> advantage to the opposition. But for some reason, the Football Association
> have nevertheless felt the need to publish a book of rules....

Most of their rules seem to be aimed at stopping the game developing into a
pitched battle and we already have those. However the Ref is paid, not a
lot, to give his opinion on matters of fact, he cannot award additional
goals because he likes the way a particular team plays the game or passes
the ball, neither can he deduct goals because he doesn't like the way the
manager configures the team  -- our Ref equivalent can, and obviously does!

Keep smiling

Rod Gibson
Haverhill Silver