Re: Promotion is essential (was: Bass Trom article)

At 17:06 2/06/98 -0400, Mark Freeh wrote:
>As far as the concert going ahead successfully, you be the judge.
>Carnegie Hall seats  2804 people.  Although Brass Band World reported a
>crowd of 1800 plus in attendance, only 600 seats were filled.  300 of which
>were FREE tickets.

When Dyke played in Sydney in 1988 they filled the Sydney Opera House
Concert Hall (2-3000?). However other UK bands often gain poor attendances
in Sydney, and I guess for the same reasons - lack of promotion. The
visiting Salvo bands always draw big crowds, boosted by promotion within
the SA I suppose.

Phil A.

Philip Anderton			Phone: +61 2 9316 8301
Warringah Concert Brass
Sydney, Australia

Web: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/other/wcb.htm
Old photos: http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/bbhistory/bbh.htm