Re: Bass Trom article in the Daily Telegraph

On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Alec Gallagher wrote:

> 1) "Sandwiched between two tenor trombones and a tuba, the bass has been its
> section's underachiever.  Bass trombones were, until recently, failed tenor
> players".
>
> (As they say, discuss).

I could say I resemble that remark, but instead I'll say

"Sandwiched between the tenor horns and the euphoniums, the baritones have
been the bands underachievers.   Baritone players were, until recently,
failed euphonium players"

Again, discuss :)

--
  Alastair Wheeler
  Euphonium & Trombone				   Fundamental Brass